for a job interview?
how to prepare
for a job interview?
Tips and tricks to prepare for a job interview
Table of Contents
- What is the reason employers prefer certified candidates over non-certified candidates?
- What is a Video Resume?
- Why do we call it a Job Drive
- How to Study, for an interview?
- What to Study?
- How to Revise?
- How to go through the complete syllabus one night before the interview?
- What is a LIVE Project?
- Why does honesty win?
- How to stop begging for a job?
What is the reason employers prefer certified candidates over non-certified candidates?
In today’s fast-pacing and highly competitive corporate world, candidates, need a competitive kind of edge that will make them stand out among their peers, apart from their prior qualifications and work experiences. Professional certifications do the same for them.
Hiring a candidate that doesn’t carry the appropriate set of knowledge and skills affects the candidate as well as equally affects the employer. This doesn’t specifically say that certifications are the only pathway to achieve career success, but you are required to meet the prerequisites that are mandated by your interviewer.
Generally, in service-based companies, it is easier to get a job with moderate knowledge along with one global certification. As compared to product-based companies value your knowledge over the value of your certifications.
In simple words, certifications are a simple way to tell your recruiters that you belong to the niche professional’s category that can easily make a difference in the organization. They tell them that you have the required skill set to start working.
What is a Video Resume?
Unlike the Paper-based Resume, the concept of a Video Resume is completely different. It is a new way to represent your capabilities beyond the capacity of the Paper-based Resume.
To explain it to you in a simple way, video resumes emphasize your work experience, qualification, hobbies, in a video format rather than presenting them on a piece of paper. It is a convenient supplement to the conventional resume. The video resume helps you to effortlessly demonstrate your technical/creative, communication, and interpersonal skills, in a way that a simple Paper Resume cannot. An ideal video resume should follow the timeline of 60 seconds whereas; you can at the most stretch it to 120 seconds.
Why do we call it a Job Drive?
As the interview progresses, at times when you don’t have the correct answer to the question asked. Also, there will be a few times when you know the answers. The moment you get a chance to answer something which you know very clearly, you should describe the answer in such a way that you will try to end the answer at the point which you know already well.
Eg: While answering concept A, you should complete the sentence by giving a hint of concept B which you know better. Eventually, you will find the interviewer will be asking you concept B and so on.
The interviewer and interviewee are in a vehicle. Now interviewer will try to reject you and you, the interviewee will try to get selected. Unless you will come up with a strategy you will end up losing the job. The drive means, the opportunity to grab the steering of the vehicle to drive it by your way. If the interviewer will drive the vehicle he will reject you, but if you will drive the vehicle you will end up getting the job.
The mantra of answering one question after another in the interview is, All of your answers should be connected and elaborated in a way that you swiftly shift the interviewer to your comfort zone and make sure he does not go out of it unless you are selected.
How to Study, for an interview?
Here are some of the ultimate tips on how you should study for an interview:
- Perform basic research about the job role.
- Perform social media research on the organization.
- If the organization has a website visit the same and understand the products and services offered by them.
- Show enthusiasm for the job title.
- Make sure you have your pointers ready. Revise them before the big day.
- The best way to practice is to practice in front of a mirror.
- Be confident with your answers.
- Be prepared to get surprised.
What to Study?
Sitting with the pile of books, every candidate surely has this question before an interview, “What to Study?”
So yes, we are here to give you the most appropriate answer to this question.
- Firstly, go through our complete interview guide that covers almost every question an interviewer can ask you.
- Do a thorough study of the responsibilities of the job that you are thinking to apply for. Also, research about the things that you are unaware of.
- Make sure you study every aspect of your expertise for which you have been shortlisted for the interview.
- Revise the “One-Liner Concept” which you prepared while getting trained from 3RI.
- Also, check the details of the company through its official website and understand their work practices.
How to Revise?
Following are a few tips to revise effectively:
- If you have adopted the “One-Liner Concept”, that will make your life easy.
- Start early, to avoid last-minute panicking.
- Look for more resources on the topic.
- Develop an optimum learning environment.
- Be strict on your breaks.
- Practice, Practice, and Practice. It is the only option that we have to crack any interview.
- Finish with your revisions to get sufficient time to think more about your presentation for the interview.
How to go through the complete syllabus one night before the interview?
Now while answering this question I assume that you have gone through the syllabus a couple of times and now you just want to revise the complete syllabus overnight before the big day.
- So firstly make sure you start a little early, say by 7:00 pm.
- Start with the most difficult aspects of your syllabus since they may comparatively take more time than the easier ones.
- Keep track of your time.
- Prepare your pointers or short notes.
- Be a little hard on yourself with a target to finish the complete syllabus overnight.
- Take minimum breaks.
- Stay motivated throughout.
- Take effective help from the internet.
- Go through the interview guide to track your progress.
What is a LIVE Project?
LIVE projects are usually a part of the certified course syllabus to get the candidate’s hands on the specialized course. The LIVE project consists of product, brief, the negotiation of a timescale, and budget between a training center and an external collaborator considering the mutual benefit of each other. The project is well structured in such a way that the students benefit and gain knowledge that is relevant to their educational development.
So in general LIVE Project means, the training you will receive will be based on LIVE Scenario-based examples in the module which you will be creating during your journey of learning from 3RI.
LIVE Project is creating and developing a project which is been guided and hand-holding by an industry expert who is currently working on LIVE projects. This will provide you the complete in and out information about the industry standards and LIVE scenario-based examples.
Why does honesty win?
Who doesn’t like honest answers instead of lingering behind a lie? Honesty is the best policy when we talk about interviews. Make sure you are as transparent as glass with your interviewer and honestly speak about the following things.
- Tell the interviewer about how you handled those “challenging” office situations earlier.
- Do not skip your weakness question, answer them cleverly.
- If you were fired earlier by any chance, let your recruiter know the story behind it.
- Tell your recruiter if there is anything that would prevent you from working overtime, on the weekends, and early shifts, if asked.
- Be clear on your career goals.
How to stop begging for a job?
Jobs are not something that you will get by begging for it. There are surely some qualifications required to get yourself a job.
- Make sure you are upgraded with the new trending technologies in the market.
- Try Global Certifications for the technology you have learned.
- Upgrade your skills with top-notch quality.
- “Be confident in yourself”, is the ultimate Gyan for success.
- Do not beg but achieve with your skills, confidence, and your pleasant personality.
- Reasons To Build DevOps Career In 2020
- Reasons To Go For AWS
- AWS Interview Questions And Answers For Fresher’s And Experts
- Best DevOps Training Institute In Pune
- Best Technologies To Learn In IT Industry 2020
- DevOps Interview Questions and Answers
- Jenkins Interview Questions And Answers
- What Is Jenkins?